We take our fiduciary duty very seriously. Unlike a typical broker, investment advisory representatives have a duty of loyalty and care and must put their clients interests above their own. There is often a misconception that all “financial advisors” must follow this standard but only Registered Investment Advisors, like Brave Boat Capital Advisors, are required by law to do so.
The Institute for the Fiduciary Standard outlines the six core fiduciary duties for financial advisors as the following:
- Serve the clients best interest
- Act in utmost good faith
- Act Prudently—with the care, skill and judgement of a professional
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Disclose all material facts
- Control investment expenses
Click here for more details about these duties.